Friday, August 6, 2010

Random Thoughts....

Here are some random musings - in no particular order:

Overheard:  One of our friends very kindly gave Shannon all her old princess and Dora gear.  Being the true girl that she is, Shannon absolutely LOVES every single piece of clothing, jewelry and toys that she recently acquired.  Surprisingly enough, the boys also got right into things, dressing up in full princess regalia with (of course) the coordinating shoes:

The funniest part of all this is not the dresses or shoes.  Rather, it was what I overheard as they were getting 'dressed'.  I could hear them helping each other put things on, when Aidan pipes up:

"Those are my shoes Shannon - HEY!  Who took my purse?!?!" 

OMG - the blackmail possibilities are endless!


People say the most obnoxious things:  Monday night Chris and I went down to play some tennis.  The kids were in bed and asleep, so we hired our neighbour to come over and watch the kids (well, really he just watched TV - easiest $6 he's ever made!) while we went out for the first time in FOREVER.  After the tennis we went and grabbed a drink.  As we were sitting there, these three women who also played tennis started chatting with us.  During the course of our conversation (really it was more them interrogating us) they realized that we were the house with the pile of mulch in the driveway (yes, we are THAT house.  The one with the massive pile of mulch on the driveway, which we have been working diligently to remove now that the swingset is built).

Anyhow - I digress.

The women asked what we were doing, and we said that this was the first time in a long time we were able to go out without the kids so we thought we'd come down and play some tennis.

Then one of the "ladies" says:  "Oh, you're out without the kids?  Shouldn't you be working on that pile of mulch in your driveway?"

Screech, screech, screech.... that's the sound of crickets chirping. Because that's all you could hear after she made that insightful remark.

After I pummeled her  I mean, picked my jaw up from the ground, I sweetly responded:  "Well, we have an extra shovel in the garage if you want to come help."

Seriously?!?!  I mean SERIOUSLY?!?!?  Are you freakin' kidding me?!?!?

I think they like it:  So now that the swingset is complete (but don't forget - we still have mulch in our driveway!), I think it's safe to say that the kids like it:  (video link here for you Facebook types)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay, Tara--you are smooth. How did you ever think of saying that to her so quick?! Perfect. And I can't believe she said that.

Love the swingset--you have an awesome yard!