Friday, December 23, 2011

Daybook

I'm lacking inspiration right now (which is hard to believe considering Christmas is only two days away), so I'm borrowing this idea from fellow blogger Sonja.

For today, Friday, December 23, 2011

Outside my window is a cold and overcast day.  I'm not complaining though, because I'm holding out hope against hope that we might get some snow in time for Christmas.

I am thinking... that I can't believe I have almost everything ready for the big day.  Presents are wrapped, I finished uploading books and games onto Aidan's new tablet, and all we have left to do is assemble the dollhouse for the girls.  Here's hoping we won't be up to all hours on Christmas Eve assembling that bad boy!

I am thankful for.... the fact that my kids find so much joy in the Christmas season.  Shannon is hell-bent on going around carolling to our neighbours this year.  We'll see if it actually happens though....

From the kitchen.... is the smell of creamy crock-pot potato soup.  It smells divine - hopefully it will taste that way too!

I am wearing.... jeans and a shirt I threw on over my sports-bra as I was chasing Marin out the door of the gym. Not a pretty picture!

I am going.... to just hang out here with Marin (yep, it's a rare Mummy/ Marin day!) and then we're off to pick up the rest of the gang from school.

I am reading.... "The Pact" by Jodi Picoult.  Very disturbing

I am hoping..... that I haven't forgotten anything in the hustle and bustle of the season.

I am hearing...... Marin play with the L-Max in the next room.  It's adorable to hear her talk back to the electronic toys!

One of my favourite things.... it sounds masochistic, but it's the gym. Right now going the gym gets the endorphins going and keeps me sane during this hectic time.

Around the house.... there is hockey equipment everywhere (we have officially lost our dining room to hockey equipment).

Plans for the week.....in a shocking development, we have hockey tonight and tomorrow morning, and then we're heading to Brigitte's for Christmas Eve festivities.

Pictures to share....we bought some Gingerbread houses from Winners over the weekend.  Unfortunately, there was a reason they were at Winners:  they must have been last year's models.  The pieces were rock hard and stale, the icing wouldn't hold anything together, and in short it was a fiasco.  Eventually we gave up and I told the kids: "just go crazy and eat the candy", which they happily did.  Here is Aidan's attempt at a tower:

No comments: