Thursday, November 28, 2013

On Being Grateful

The true Canadian in me, should have had this up during Canadian Thanksgiving.  However, the slacker in me is only getting to this now, right in time for American Thanksgiving.

Oh well. Even though I'm not celebrating U.S. Thanksgiving, it's high time I share my thanks, gratitude, and yes, grace in small things that are a constant in my life.

1)  My husband.  He's not flashy, he's not loud, but by-golly the man is a wonder.  He is soooo.... much better at the whole homework thing than I.  His patience is astounding, and he takes the time to explain things ten different ways to make sure the kids understand.

2)  The kidlets.  Yes they can be loud. Yes then can be mind-numbingly irritating. But they also genuinely love each other and us.  There is nothing better then to hear their little voices chatting away, and to hear them playing together.

3)  Speaking of playing together.....  the girls.  Shannon and Marin amaze me.  They are quite simply, best friends.  My favourite part of the day is listening to them in the bath.  The shrieks. The giggles. The all-out belly laughs.  Just typing this puts a smile on my face.

4)  "Mummy and Marin Days".  This year I only have Marin home on Mondays, Wednesdays and most Fridays.  While initially I was terrified at the prospect of being 'stuck' with one child, now I look forward to our special days together.  I realized this morning that this is the last year I'll EVER have a child at home with me during the school year, which makes each and every "Mummy and Marin day" priceless.

5)  Our friends.  I am constantly amazed at what a wonderful group of friends we have.  We are so incredibly fortunate to have people who support us, help us whenever we need it, and basically are an extension of our family.  There aren't enough words to say how lucky we are.

There are so many things I'm thankful for, but I think I'll stop now before I start sniffling at my keyboard.

No comments: