Thursday, January 23, 2014

Unnnghhhhh....

Yep, that pretty much describes how I'm feeling right how.  I've had the head-cold from hell for the last week and a half.  Kleenex has personally called me and asked me to stop depleting their worldwide supplies.  I made a run on Advil Cold and Sinus because right now that's the only thing that's keeping me functioning.  Well, that and Neocitran.  I'm trying to alternate between the two because really, I don't want to get addicted or anything.....

My nose is redder than Rudolph's, and I'm going to have to burn my pillow and most of our bedding once this sucker is gone.  Poor Chris is over my constant snuffling, coughing, hacking, and snorting (let's not go into the trail of snotty tissues that I leave in my wake).

You know you have great girlfriends when you're out with them and they instantly scream:  "EEEWWWWW you dropped your snot-rags on the ground!!" after I reached into my pocket to retrieve my gloves, and not-so-gently used tissues spilled out.  That, right there is true friendship baby!

Add to that the weather which has been described as: "Polar Vortex part duex" or "Return of the Freeze".  And then we keep getting more snow.  And it's torture for the poor kids because they can see the snow, but it's too damn cold for them to go outside and do anything in it.  PLUS, they've been stuck inside for recess because of the cold, and if they are set free at recess they're restricted to the tar-mac because the yard is a sheet of ice - under a layer of snow.  Try to imagine 450 kids milling around aimlessly on a tar-mac the size of a postage stamp.  Fun times.

Of course there's been tons of hockey - which does wonders for a head cold.  What with walking from a freezing cold parking lot, into a freezing cold arena..... I think my body is actually starting to reject coffee and tea I've drank so much of it!

UNNNNNGGGGHHHHHH.... it's got to end soon right?  Someone please tell me that Spring is just around the corner.....


No comments: