Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Birthdays, Teeth .... what more do you need?

So we've had some birthdays around here!

Quinn turned 9 (yes, NINE) on Sunday.  His day was one filled with buying himself a new hockey stick (gift from us), and running around telling everyone it was HIS birthday (which ended up getting him $1 from a Dad on Aidan's hockey team!).  We finished the day off with a healthy dinner at Yogurtz, where he loaded up on frozen yoghurt, candy, candy and more candy!


Marin turns 5 (yes FIVE) today.  Seriously? My 'baby' is 5 years old!!  I said to her yesterday when we were leaving the grocery store: "Marin, what am I going to do next year when you're in school full time?"

She looked at me very seriously and said: "Well, maybe you can come in and be the mystery reader?"  Love that kid!!


And last but not least, I had my wisdom teeth pulled last week.  Apparently I'm more highly evolved (seriously, that's what the dentist told me!) as I only have (had?) my upper wisdom teeth.  The dental surgeon popped those suckers out (I was totally under because I didn't want to remember anything!) and so far the recovery has been pretty good.

Apparently in my drug-induced state I asked to keep my teeth.  The Dr. and nurses thought that was quite funny!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mystery reader? That's so cute! And hope you're okay--those look like nasty teeth to have pulled. Chipmunk cheek picture?

So what does it mean that I have no wisdom teeth at all?