Thursday, May 8, 2014

Sometimes, It's Just Right

As I dropped the kids off at school today, I was struck by a feeling of 'right'.  It's hard to describe.  The morning routine was just that, routine.  No chaos.  No shouting.  No frantic last minute dashes to get things done, or throw things together.

Aidan was working on a project that's due May 22.  Yep.  That would be something that is due in two weeks, yet he's been diligently working on it every morning before school because he knows that he has zero time on the weekends to work on it.

Quinn went downstairs and practiced his piano.  Without. Complaint.  This is momentous because A) he didn't complain, and B) piano lessons ended last week.  We told the kids we'd still like them to practice at least twice a week over the summer, and apparently Quinn's on board with that.

The girls got themselves ready, and then played in the bathroom while I got dressed and did my make up.  (they like to keep me company in the mornings - privacy is at a minimum).

And then we got in the car and left for school - with zero fuss.

It was just..... right.

Now life in our house is rarely all sunshine and lolipops (did I mention the discussion I had with Shannon and Quinn yesterday about how one simply does NOT rip the heads off of Barbie dolls?), but when it is....

      ..... it's just RIGHT.

No comments: