Thursday, July 10, 2014

For Today....

FOR TODAY - July 10, 2014
 

Outside my window...it is a beautiful spring / summer day with a few clouds lazily making their way across the sky.
 

I am thinking...about the massive exterior reno currently going on with our house.  There will be no pictures until the whole job is done so it could be a while.  Let me just tease you with this: so far it looks fan-freakin'-tastic!!
 

I am thankful...that we have absolutely nothing on tonight so we can just chill with the kids, maybe have a family swim at the pool, or just do whatever the heck they want to do.
 

In the kitchen...is not much at all, probably some remnant of breakfast?
 

I am wearing...white capri pants, a burnt orange cowl neck shirt and wedge sandals. It's a work day so I spruced it up a bit. 
 

I am going...to to the bank to deposit the over $300 + in rolled change that Chris has collected. 
 

I am wondering...how the rest of the summer is shaping up, and how is it possible that the summer just seems to slip by in record time.
 

I am reading...nothing.  Currently in between books until something catches my eye.
 

I am hoping...ffor more non-event nights - that's what summer is about!
   
I am looking forward to...bed. 
 

I am learning...to be more patient with the children. I'm having lots of practice so I must be learning, right?
 

Around the house...is dust and chaos.  But it's all coming together... (picture me rubbing rubbing my hands together and chortling with glee!)
 

I am pondering...how I'm going to survive a week without the biggest boy when he heads off to Tennessee with a friend and his family.
 

A favourite quote for today..."a goal is a dream with a deadline"
 

One of my favorite things...watching Quinn and Shannon swim.  This past week and a half has been a blur of swim team and swimming lessons, and I'm just loving watch how much stronger they are getting in the pool, and how much their strokes are improving.
 

A few plans for the rest of the week: we have a remarkably un-busy rest of the week.  We'll find something to keep us occupied!


A peek inside my day: (this was from last week, but I still love it!)


No comments: