Thursday, July 3, 2014

Racing Away Father's Day

Not even going to talk about how long it's been since I blogged.  Nope.  Not gonna go there....

So Father's Day came and went, and what a great day it was.  We have a tradition where we take part in the Boys Home run - either by running, walking or biking.  This year Chris really wanted to do the 10km Father / Son race with Aidan.  So off they ran:
THAT guy is ready to run!

Getting ready...

Aidan finished so quickly I didn't get a shot of him crossing the finish line - bad mom!

Managed to get Chris though!  (good wife!)

Aidan getting his prize for fastest U13 male

After the race, pancakes and sausages, we came home and relaxed.  Brigitte and Mac came over with Adam and Emma for a BBQ, and it was a great evening.

Mac with 6 of the 7 grand-kids.

I have to say, even though I LOVED Chris' "This guy is the world's greatest Dad" t-shirt, I think my favourite gift was  the "Me and My Dad" forms the kids filled out.  Their answers to the questions were priceless!


Aidan's

Marin

Shannon

Quinn.
Now Quinn's was quite comical, because if you notice on his last answer, he says: "because he is the BEAST!!!" Now the story behind this is funny.  For Mother's Day, Quinn made me this big card where he repeated "Mom is the best" over and over again.  However, at the very end he misspelled "best" and wrote it as "BEAST" in big, capital letters.  Ever since then it's been a running joke in the family to say to someone: "You're the BEAST!!"

And you know what?  Chris is the BEAST!

No comments: